This second chapter forms part of our Business course, where Karl, who has over 20 years of experience running his own successful photography business, shares his advice to help guide you on your path to success.
This class focuses on working to a commercial brief. Karl looks at some of the briefs and mood boards that he has received from clients for previous shoots and explains the concept behind each. He discusses the role of the photographer and why problem solving is an important skill to have. In addition, he also details why understanding the purpose and final display format is crucial to realising your client’s vision.
- Provide examples of commercial briefs and mood boards
- Explain why understanding a brief is important
- Demonstrate how projects can evolve and change
- Explain the importance of understanding your clients vision
- Discuss why creating the right mood in an image is important
You might also find our blog post ‘Identifying & overcoming the challenges of a high-end product shoot‘ interesting. Here, Karl aims to replicate a Clinique style advertising shoot by working to a brief.
If you have any questions about this class, please post in the comment section below.
NOTE: This class is available with English subtitles.