The Best Photography Courses
Karl Taylor Photography are trusted by leading education institutions and top players in the industry to provide the very best and easiest to understand photography courses available.
If you need to see improvements and are searching for a course about photography, look no further! We have an extensive range of classes from complete beginner through to top flight professional as well as post production and business skills. Plus, we have new photography classes and live shows for members every month.
Photography Classes Online
We have hundreds of photography classes online to choose from - from food photography to fashion photography, landscape photography to product photography, photography business knowledge to retouching and post production - there’s something for everyone.
Explore the topics below.
Take control of your camera.
Getting beyond the basics.
From natural light to studio portraiture.
Beyond lighting. Think like a pro.
Lighting & styling with finesse.
Retouch like a pro.
Live Photography Workshops
Some photography educators just talk about it, others have to heavily retouch it, but Karl Taylor actually shoots and shows you great results straight out of camera. Join Karl for our monthly live shows and ask your questions whilst Karl demonstrates professional photography techniques. Participate as much as you like with live Q&A!
Live Photography Shows Coming Soon
Learn from the best in the business as they join Karl in studio to share insights, swap stories and offer advice on everything from equipment, professional tips and techniques to working in different climates. Get your questions answered with our live Q&A during the show.
Click here to view the live photography shows schedule.
Fantastic support, discounts and prizes!
We provide help and support to all members to ensure you get the very best learning experience. We’ve teamed up with great partners to get you fantastic discounts on a variety of photography products and services. Plus we hold exclusive competitions for our members with amazing prizes from top new cameras to studio lighting kits.
Our goal is to provide a superior learning experience, which is why we’re always on hand to answer questions and offer support.
We’ve partnered with big names such as Manfrotto, Broncolor and Hasselblad (to name just a few) to bring you great deals on a range of the best equipment.
Quarterly competitions offer members the chance to win great prizes.
New Classes Recently Added
View a range of some of our exciting new classes.
- DIY Backgrounds for photography
- The Selection tools
- Making and using Masks
- How to use Curves
- Food photography with natural light : Pasta
- Clinique Style Advertising Shoot: Planning & Lighting (Part 1)
- Clinique Style Advertising Shoot: Lighting & Splash Shots (Part 2)
- Clinique Style Advertising Shoot: Lighting Final Bottle (Part 3)
- Clinique shoot post production 1: Initial Compositing & Basic Cleaning
- Clinique shoot post production 2: Cleaning Bottles & Creating Reflections
- Clinique shoot post production 3: Adding water splash
- Clinique shoot post production 4: Creating a white background & refining water splash
- Clinique shoot post production 5: Black logos
- Clinique shoot post production 6: Final adjustments
- 10. Final grading and adjustments
- 9. Generating sparks and fire using Photoshop tools
- 8. Additional colour adjustments to the subject and background
- 7. Colour grading the subject
- 6. Creating smoke effect using Photoshop Brush tool
- 5. Blending the subject into scene
- 4. Cutting out objects using the Pen tool
- 3. Blending in fire explosion
- 2. Layering files & determining composition
- 1. An introduction to composite images
- Cheese Still Life Post Production
- Live Workshop – Cosmetics Product Shoot
- One light lipstick product shoot
- Lifestyle food photography: Chopping vegetables
- Cheese still life
- Healthy living flat lay: Raw vegetables
World renowned guests
Learn from the best as award winning photographers join Karl live in studio every month.
Something for everyone
Whether you’re interested in food or fashion photography, have three months or 30 years of experience, you’re guaranteed to find something to suit your interest and skill level.
While there are plenty of self-proclaimed “photography experts” online, the majority aren’t able to produce even average images without extensive retouching — and you definitely won’t see them shooting live and sharing their results in real-time.
Karl Taylor is the exception. He is respected by amateurs and pros across the industry for his ability to clearly and concisely communicate both the artistic and technical aspects of photography. Karl breaks down complex subjects with a logical and entertaining approach that has attracted a worldwide following
What our members have to say
“I only joined today and I’ve already had more value than my subscription. Brilliant format, Karl is one of the best on YouTube but this raises the bar by several levels.” – M. Harris
“I learned a great deal about lighting from Karl Taylor when I first started off. It was his courses that were the key for me. It taught me to understand how to control light to achieve the image you want. Change the way someone feels and they will remember the image.”
David Lund, Professional Photography
“Karl has definitely helped me with my business, from the skills and techniques i’ve learnt and also just giving me new ideas and inspiration for potential shoots. It’s an easy watch, it’s entertaining and you learn which is the whole point ”
Poppy Larbalestier, Professional wedding photographer
“It’s the second best thing to having someone like Karl in the studio with you prompting you to do things… It fills a niche which is for people who really want to benefit their crafts skills and really up their level of confidence in terms of getting behind a camera.”
Laurie Castelli, Television director