To fully understand studio lighting, you need to understand power. Each type of studio light has different power capabilities and it is important to understand how to use this power if you want full creative control.
This photography class covers all you need to know about flash power, including the relationship between f-stops and studio light power, why it’s important (but not necessarily crucial) to have a large range of power and the factors that influence power.
In this photography class we cover the following:
- Joules and what they mean
- The relationship between f-stops and studio light power
- Factors that influence power
- Achieving the correct exposure
- Power ranges and how to overcome a limited power range
- Power output comparison between studio light power and speedlite power