When it comes to freezing movement, flash duration is a key aspect. The flash duration of different types of studio lighting varies greatly and it’s important to understand what it means and the effects it has if you’re looking to freeze movement.
Karl explains exactly what flash duration is and the impact it can have on your shot. In a step-by-step demonstration he shows different studio lights with different flash durations and their ability to freeze movement.
In this photography class we cover the following:
- Why flash duration is important
- What impact flash duration has
- When to use fast flash duration
- Measuring flash duration
- Practical demonstrations of different flash durations
- Sync speed vs flash duration
NOTE: This photography class is available with English subtitles.