54. Under glow lighting

In this lighting setup we try something unusual with a predominantly low level light source but it is perfectly balanced with the appropriate fill lighting to give the desired result.


  1. Hi
    How are the measurements on the black card for lens flare in cm?
    For full frame camera and mediumformat..

    And I have to say dis education tutorials you make is excellent!
    I am looking forward to se the food tutorials, as well.

    Best regard Trond

    1. Hi Trond, I’m glad you are enjoying the training. Be sure to remember to check out our live shows too! Ok for the window masks to reduce flare it’s quite simple, first you need to establish the camera format you are using and the size of the sensor, so for example full frame 35mm is 36mmx24mm dimension if you then scaled that up by say 10x you would have a window mask aperture needed of 36cm x 24cm or if you wanted to work with a slightly smaller one then x8 = 288mm x 192mm. You then use stiff black foam board or card and a very sharp scalpel to cut it out. Make sure you leave plenty of border to reduce flare and to have something to hold too. Cheers Karl.

  2. Tanks for the answer, yes I did see the live showe too, keep theme coming I liked it very much thanks!
    Cheers Trond

    1. Hi Doris, yes in the UK we call it perspex or acrylic, I think in the US it is also known as Makralon and Plexiglass.


You must be logged in to leave a comment.