In this chapter Karl shows you creative photography techniques using just your shutter speed.
He shows you how to adjust your shutter speed to freeze time and capture motion. He also shows you how to use the camera’s light meter to ensure that your photos are correctly exposed every time.
Through the practical demonstration of capturing an image of a young child riding his bike Karl demonstrates how to keep the action alive in your photographs and also how you can capture great seascape images using a slightly different techniques.
You’ll learn how applying some simple settings and a few professional photography tips can really make the difference.
In this photography class we cover the following:
- Photography modes: TV (shutter priority) vs AV (aperture priority)
- How to take creative photos with different shutter speeds
- How to freeze movement with a fast shutter speed
- How to blur motion with a slow shutter speed
- How to photography children
- How to pan using a slow shutter speed
To learn more about some of the concepts discussed in this class, take a look at our Photography Quick Start Guide.
If you have any questions about this class, please post them in the comments section below.
NOTE: This course is available with subtitles.