Hair, by its very nature, is a challenging subject for retouchers as each strand is a detailed configuration of pixels that must not be compromised. Whilst a time consuming process, the right techniques will reveal a final image worthy of high-end and large scale print advertising.
In this Photoshop class Viktor provides a number of valuable retouching tips and demonstrates professional techniques for retouching hair, explaining why it’s worth taking the time to attend to each little detail, rather than use quick fixes, which ultimately result in poor looking and blurry end results.
Using his visual aid layers, he identifies key areas that need correcting; adjusting color, tone and saturation to ensure a high quality end result. He ends the class with a quick recap on how to retouch skin and how to replace the background of an image.
In this Photoshop class we cover the following:
- How to retouch hair
- Hair retouching tips using Photoshop
- Image optimisation for retouching
- Burning and Dodging in Photoshop
- Using Visual Aid Layers in Photoshop
- How to use a gradient map to correct color
- How to retouch skin in Photoshop
- How to replace the background of an image in Photoshop
To learn more about how to retouch skin, watch our Beauty retouch classes.
If you have any questions about this class, please post in the comment section below ?