Having created his first advertising image of a bottle of Chanel No. 5 perfume, Karl sits down to review the image and make the necessary post production adjustments needed to finish off the RAW image.
This informative chapter applies a number of commonly used Photoshop techniques well suited to product photography. In addition to explaining why we use these tools and demonstrating how to correctly apply them, Karl also shares a number of useful tricks that can be used to enhance an image.
From using the clone and brush tools to rectifying image distortion, this chapter covers a number of Photoshop techniques that can be applied not only to product images, but to all genres of photography.
In this photography class we cover the following:
- Post-production techniques for product photography
- Common Photoshop tools and how to use them
- How to create composite images in Photoshop
- Establishing an effective post production workflow
- Layers & layer masks
- Keystone Effect: Correcting image distortion
- How to effectively use burn and dodge
For more on the concepts covered in this course, go to our Post Production section.
To see how this image was shot, click here.