Bold colors and precise lighting formed the key elements of this shot and it took teamwork, clear creative direction and intimate knowledge of lighting to achieve the desired result. Working with model Kariss Craig, professional fashion stylist Bianca Swan and makeup artist and hair stylist Shanine Levrier, Karl guides you through each step of achieving this bold, dramatic image — from finding inspiration to creating your own props to gradually building your lighting.
In this fashion photography class we cover the following:
- Finding and adapting ideas to make them your own
- Creating your own props and accessories
- Gradually building lighting setups to achieve the desired result
- Creating a graduated background light
- Working with and balancing multiple lights
- Using contrasting colors to best effect
- Creating mood and emotion with light
- Working with a team and giving creative direction
NOTE: This photography class is available with English subtitles.