For this portrait photography class Karl takes his studio outside, working in an orchard to produce these spectacular images.
Shooting into the sun, Karl shows you how to perfectly balance studio light with natural light to produce the final image, which was achieved using just two studio lights with basic modifiers.
This tutorial covers important factors such as the best equipment to use on location, including studio lights, lighting modifiers and filters, and also demonstrates how you can get creative in the same location. Karl produces two different styles of images, demonstrating the versatility of mobile lithium lighting and the importance of choosing the right lens.
In this portrait photography class we cover the following:
- Portrait photography: Photographing on location
- Photographing with flash on location
- Studio lighting modifiers for working on location
- Studio lights for location work
- Filters – combining graduated filters & neutral density filters
For more information on different types of studio lights, watch Chapter 2 of our Portrait section.
NOTE: This course is available with English subtitles