Knowledge & Inspiration for PhotographersCourses. Live Shows. All of it. One price.
The Business of PhotographyYour step-by-step guide to successfully running your photography business.
Starting up or running your own photography business can be a daunting and overwhelming task. As much as you need to be a talented and passionate photographer, you also need to be business smart. With over 20 years of experience in the industry, Karl explains what it takes to become a successful pro photographer, sharing his journey over the last two decades, whilst giving you top tips and advice to help you with your own photography journey. This series of video classes (which also includes relevant documentation available to download) also includes how much to charge, what areas of photography earn you the most money as well as understanding the commercial project workflow as well as how to run and grow your business.
On this business of photography course you will learn:
- The commercial workflow Understand the entire process of photography, from client to completion
- Working to a brief Learn how to identify what the client wants and how best to execute the shoot
- Pricing Find out what professional photographers charge for their work and what you should charge for yours
- Sustainable growth How to grow and maintain your business
- Genres of commercial photography From weddings to architectural photography, find out what the potential markets are
- Marketing Discover the best ways to market your business and why it’s important