Live Photography Shows & Replays
Upcoming Live Photography Shows Schedule
6th June 2019 - 18:00 BST / 13:00 EDT
Members Critique - Retouching and Techniques
In this unique critique show we will be assessing members retouching skills and identifying good and bad post production practices. Karl will advise on obvious problems recognisable in members retouching as well as reinforce the positives. He will undertake retouching improvements as well as reveal some best practises to consider when retouching and grading your images.
13th June 2019 - 18:00 BST / 13:00 EDT
A Guide to Lighting Emotion
To truly advance your studio photography you need a thorough understanding of how light can invoke different emotions. Light determines the mood, style and feeling of a shot and by having the right knowledge, you can control light and learn how to invoke a desired atmosphere by being able to identify and use the correct tools for the job. There is a reason that the best movies have incredible lighting designers and the best photographs hold your attention — in combination with narrative, it is always lighting. Learn from a lighting master how to transform your photography in this special live show.
11th July 2019 - 18:00 BST / 13:00 EDT
Live Workshop - Creative Portrait Lighting (Part 2)
In this live show Karl will photograph a model, demonstrating how to use backlighting for creative effect whilst also controlling flare and highlights. This careful control of light will enable us to achieve a high key look, but with high contrast in the shadows. This particular lighting style, which produces a stunning result, can be achieved with minimal lights but requires good techniques and a few simple props and accessories. Join us live and ask your questions while Karl works through each step of this portrait lighting shoot.
18th July 2019 - 18:00 BST / 13:00 EDT
Hasselblad and the Apollo Moon Landings
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo Moon landings, we’ll be presenting a special celebratory show where we will welcome Hasselblad technical expert Chris Cooze, who will be talking about some of the facts, history and science of photography in space. As well as a special look at many unpublished images, Chris will be bringing one of the Hasselblad Moon Cameras to present on the show. This will be a fascinating show and, as always, you’ll be able to join us live to ask your questions.
1st August 2019 - 18:00 BST / 13:00 EDT
High-end Headphones Product Shoot
Recently, our latest product and advertising tutorials and live shows have proved highly popular, so we’ve decided to go all out and shoot a technically challenging product image from start to finish. In this shoot Karl will undertake an advertising style shot of a pair of headphones, where he will demonstrate how to overcome the problems of composition, lighting gloss and matte surfaces and working with various shapes and curves featured on the product.
29th August 2019 - 18:00 BST / 13:00 EDT
Members Product Photography Critique
Following on from our recent live product photography show we will be looking at your product images, where Karl will offer his perspective and critique. These highly popular critique shows have proved very insightful and are one of the most popular on Karl Taylor Education. With Karl’s expertise in product photography this should be a highly charged and interesting show.
12th September 2019 - 18:00 BST / 13:00 EDT
Softboxes: Softbox lighting & theory
In this informative show Karl will demonstrate and explain all the technical advantages and disadvantages of using softboxes while also providing comparisons with other types of lighting modifiers. He will also show examples of results and detail how, why and what is best practice for using softboxes. Karl will also be demonstrating the differences between different price bracket softboxes to see if you can spot the difference.
19th September 2019 - 18:00 BST / 13:00 EDT
Members Portrait Critique
Following on from our two recent creative portrait lighting shows and our softbox demonstration earlier this month, we are now looking to see your portrait work, where Karl will offer his perspective and critique. These highly popular critique shows have proved very insightful and are one of the most popular on Karl Taylor Education as they provide a unique learning opportunity and chance to get professional feedback on your images.
10th October 2019 - 18:00 BST / 13:00 EDT
We’re hotting it up in the studio this month with a stylish, elegant but sexy shot of female legs. It might sound very simple but you’d be surprised at the amount of possibilities and considerations required for a successful shoot. Tights, shoes, boots, skin, backgrounds, models? Which way are we going to go with this? Join us on the night to find out!
31st October 2019 - 18:00 GMT / 14:00 EDT
Live Talk Show with Special Guest Jonathan Knowles
Jonathan Knowles is an award-winning product photographer known for his unique photographic style and lighting techniques. He’s worked with major brands such as Coca-Cola, Guinness, and Smirnoff and is the creator of the famous O2 bubbles and Black Sabbath 13 album cover. Jonathan will be joining Karl in the studio for an insightful conversation, where you’ll get to learn all about product photography from two industry experts. Make sure to join us live for a chance to ask this world-famous photographer your questions!
7th November 2019 - 18:00 GMT / 14:00 EDT
Lighting Modifiers: Umbrellas
In this informative show Karl will demonstrate and explain all the technical advantages and disadvantages of using umbrellas compared to other types of lighting modifiers. He will also show examples of results and detail how, why and what is best practice for using these affordable modifiers. Often overlooked, these versatile modifiers can be highly effective for a range of portrait and fashion work. Karl will also be looking at various brands of umbrellas from different price brackets to see if you can see the difference.
28th November 2019 - 18:00 GMT / 13:00 EST
NEW: The Magazine Chat Show!
Join Karl and his petulant side kick Ashleigh for this new format talk show. Together they’ll be bickering like a couple of old ladies over the latest industry news and gossip as well as taking your questions live. Ashleigh, who is usually on the receiving end of Karl’s pedantic instructions as an assistant, will be relishing this opportunity to embarrass her boss live on air. Feel free to join in the chaos and fun with your questions and help get things back on an even keel before actual fighting breaks out!
12th December 2019 - 18:00 GMT / 13:00 EST
Live Talk Show with Special Guest Erik Johansson
Top photographer, retoucher and compositor Erik Johansson will be our live talk show guest for December, ending the year on a high note. Erik will reveal his top tips and techniques for his incredible fine art images and sharing how to achieve images that truly have the ‘Wow’ factor. If you’ve not seen Erik’s work then take a look here; this Swedish photographer creates beautiful surreal worlds with his unique combination of light, photography and post production. Join us live and ask Erik your questions directly.
19th December 2019 - 18:00 GMT / 13:00 EST
Live Motorbike Photo Shoot
Yes you read that correctly (though unfortunately we don't yet have a suitable picture for this particular shoot). We’ll be ending the year with a bang as Karl is going to undertake the challenging subject of bike photography, live! This show is going to be super exciting as Karl revisits one of his older passions of sports bikes, demonstrating the intricacies of shooting this complex subject live on air. As always, your questions will be answered as he works.
Live Talk Show with Special Guest Kamilla Hanapova
Join us for this inspiring show with our special guest Kamilla Hanapova. This wonderfully talented young lady hailing from St.Petersburg commands two entirely different areas of photography: architecture and fashion. With both disciplines seemingly miles apart, we will find out directly from this award winning photographer how she handles and approaches both. Kamilla will be giving some of her best tips and as always you can ask her questions live on the show.
*Please note schedules may be subject to change.
Live Shows – Watch Again
Live Photo-Shoots Archive
- Live Workshop – A Guide to Lighting Emotion
- Live Workshop – Photographing Glasses
- Live Workshop – Creative Portrait Lighting Techniques (Part 1)
- Live Workshop – Cosmetics Product Shoot
- Live Workshop – Photographing Clear Liquid Bottles (Gin/Vodka)
- Live Workshop – Liquid Art and Motion
- Live Workshop – Food Photography with Anna Pustynnikova
- Live Workshop – How to Photograph a High-end Handbag
- Live Workshop – Retouching with Viktor Fejes
- Live Workshop – Sports Footwear Photoshoot
- Live Workshop – Pack Shots Product Photography
- Live Workshop – Flat Lay Photography
- Live Workshop – Master Beauty Dish Lighting
- Live Workshop – Products with LEDs & screens
- Live Workshop – Liquid Photography With David Lund
- Live Workshop – Understanding Parabolic Lighting
- Live Workshop – Luxury Watch Product Photography
- Live Workshop – Business Portraiture & Headshots
- Live Workshop – Whisky Photography
- Live Workshop – Beauty Retouching in Photoshop
- Live Workshop – Beauty Lighting Techniques
- Live Workshop – Photographing Sunglasses
- Live Workshop – broncolor ‘How-To’ with Urs Recher
- Live Workshop – Wine Bottle Photography
- Live Workshop – Portrait & Beauty Lighting
- Live Workshop – Food Photography, Lighting & Styling
- The Emotion of Light – July 12th
Special Guests Archive
- Live Talk Show – Fine Art Photographer Ben Thomas
- Live Talk Show – Food Photographer Anna Pustynnikova
- Live Talk Show – Professional Retoucher Viktor Fejes
- Live Talk Show – Fashion Photographer Daria Belikova
- Live Talk Show – Portrait Photographer Tom Oldham
- Live Talk Show – Product & Liquid Photographer David Lund
- Live Talk Show – Product Photographer Barry Makariou
- Live Talk Show – Architectural Photographer Sean Conboy
- Live Talk Show – Animal Photographer Tim Flach
- Live Talk Show – Photographic Printing with John Fitzgerald
- Live Talk Show – Fashion Stylist Bianca Swan
- Live Talk Show – Commercial Photographer Urs Recher
- Live Talk Show – Wedding Photographer David Stanbury
- Live Talk Show – Nature Photographer Chris Bale
- Live Talk Show – Commercial Photographer Alex Wallace
Live Photo Critiques
- Members Critique – Retouching & Techniques
- Members Critique: Landscape Part 2
- Members Critique: Landscape Part 1
- Live Members Picture Critique – Product Photography
- Live Member Picture Critique – Fashion & Beauty Part 2
- Live Member Picture Critique – Fashion & Beauty Part 1
- Live Member Picture Critique – Mega Critique Part 2
- Live Member Picture Critique – Mega Critique Part 1
- Live Member Picture Critique – January 2018
- Live Member Picture Critique – August 2016