Knowledge & Inspiration for PhotographersCourses. Live Shows. All of it. One price.
Fashion PhotographyBeyond lighting. Think like a pro.
Stunning and effective fashion photography setups.
This section will give you the inside scoop when it comes to fashion photography, both in studio and on location. Each fashion photography tutorial covers a variety of fashion photography tips, including fashion photography poses, where to find props for fashion photography and creative lighting setups for fashion photography. You’ll also have an inside look into planning for a fashion shoot so that you can achieve stunning results like this yourself.
- Fashion photography on location
- Seascape fashion photography
- Falling girl
- Future Girl
- Laser flash
- Skater girl
- Planning for Fashion Shoots
- Fantasy Fatale
- Innocence Fashion Shoot
- Retro Sci-Fi Fashion Shoot
- Modern Fashion Fantasy Shoot
- Clean Cut Fashion Shoot
- Pop Fashion Shoot
- Para 222 and Matching Hues Fashion Shoot
- Theatrical Light Fashion Shoot
- How To Full Version – Colored Gels Fashion Shoot
- Live Talk Show – Fashion Photographer Daria Belikova
- Live Talk Show – Fashion Stylist Bianca Swan
- Live Member Picture Critique – Fashion & Beauty Part 1
- Live Member Picture Critique – Fashion & Beauty (Part 2)
Learn what it takes to achieve great on-location fashion shots.
In these documentary-style fashion photography tutorials Karl and the team show you the thought process behind planning fashion shoots on location as they head to Iceland for one of their biggest projects yet. From logistics meetings and model castings through to fashion photography lighting setups and final shoots, you will learn professional fashion photography tips for working on location and get a number of creative ideas for fashion photography. Shot against breathtaking backdrops, there’s also a few bonus landscape photography tutorials too.
- 01. Pretrip planning
- 02. Model castings
- 03. Logistics meeting and test shoot
- 04. Departure, scouting and then disaster
- 05. Ice lagoon shoot
- 06. Light on the horizon
- 07. Storm on the horizon
- 08. Skogafoss Waterfall shoot
- 09. DC3 fashion shoot
- 10. Darklands shoot
- 11. Alien worlds fashion shoot
- 12. Dramatic backdrop
- 13. Highland roads
- 14. Ascension shoot
- 15. Soft moss fantasy
- 16. Crazy outtakes
- 17. Critique and post walkthrough 1
- 18. Critique and post walkthrough 2
- 19. Producing large prints
Fashion & Beauty Lighting
Learn key lighting techniques for the studio and on location.
Broaden your knowledge of studio lighting for fashion photography and beauty photography as Karl reveals some of his top fashion photography lighting setups. These fashion photography tutorials cover a variety of lighting techniques for fashion photography and beauty portraiture, including side lighting, beauty dish lighting and location lighting. These classes will provide you with some great fashion photography ideas as well as a number of professional photography tips.
- 01. Introduction & beauty lighting
- 02. Location soft lighting
- 03. Lighting & making a small set
- 04. Forming graduated beauty lighting
- 05. Simple fashion on location
- 06. Master Beauty Dish Lighting
- 07. Stunning location lighting
- 08. Knockout creative techniques
“I’ve learnt a lot but in particular the Fashion and beauty lighting – Now i don’t photograph models but I photograph brides and grooms. I took those techniques and use them for weddings, engagement shoots and even families. ”Poppy Larbalestier, Professional Wedding Photographer
See more testimonials here.