How creative can you be......with nothing but your camera?
Natural Light Photography
Once you understand light you’ll realise how easy it is to achieve amazing results with little more than your camera and natural light.
- The best time of day to photograph?
- What equipment will help get the best results?
- How to use natural light for indoor portraiture?
- Making the most of available light?
- Confident working with individuals, couples and families?
- Can you identify the best locations for shoots?
- Do you understand different types of light?
- Can you make the most of harsh, midday sun?
- What can you achieve with minimal planning?
- How to pose a subject?
- How to photograph children?
Things You Should Be Asking Yourself
Have you understood the power of light?
Once you understand light you’ll be looking for any excuse to get out to photograph.
Can you work in any location?
With each location comes a new set of challenges, but this course equips you with the skills to take on any location with confidence.
Do your images stand out?
It’s the little details that can really change a shot. I show you what to look out for and provide solutions for any situation.
How well are you posing your subject?
Flattering body shape
Working with kids
Can you work with minimal gear?
Reflectors | Diffusers | Tripod | Camera | Lenses
What gear should you keep and what should you ditch? This course demonstrates exactly what you can achieve with minimal kit and the right knowledge.
After this course you’ll have the ability to achieve outstanding results that will have people asking how you did it.
Using minimal equipment, this course demonstrates how to achieve amazing results with natural light.
IN THIS COURSE YOU WILL LEARN…
- How to use available light: Find solutions to shooting with various types of light
- Shoot professional portraits: Use nothing but your camera and natural light
- Useful equipment: The best equipment and useful alternatives
- Work in different locations: Overcome problems associated with shooting indoors or outdoors
- Work with reflectors: Control available light using simple reflectors
- Posing your subject: Learn how best to pose individuals, couples, families and children
- Capture special moments: Understand how to capture special moments subtly yet effectively
- Location scouting: Understand what makes a great location and how to make it work
Once you’ve completed this course you’ll have an understanding of light like never before.
Thousands of subscribers can’t be wrong
“Your videos are, without doubt, the best I have discovered and are a constant source of advice. I must admit that, as a beginner, I get incredibly confused by the plethora of conflicting advice I find on YouTube!”
Peter Salkeld – KTE Member
“I’m heading to the coast next week and I’ll be practicing what I saw in this video. Can’t wait to watch the other videos and learn more and more! Thanks.”
Roland Dumitrascu, KTE Member
“This has been the best course yet I would love to see a part 2 on this subject. ”
Samuel Swinbourne – KTE Member
“This is brilliant infomation thank you very much!”
Lucinda G – KTE Member
About Karl Taylor
Karl Taylor is a professional photographer with over 20 years experience and is commissioned by leading global companies for his precise attention to detail and his exquisite control of light. www.karltaylor.co.uk
Karl’s work covers advertising, beauty and fashion photography for commercial clients. Having started his career in photojournalism he is also comfortable, and actively enjoys, shooting across a range of other genres. His ethos is that ‘variety is the spice of life’ and that the visual philosophies for creating effective images are universal.
Ten years ago Karl also entered the training market and soon became known for his ability to explain complex subjects extremely clearly. His unique way of teaching and clear instruction led him to work for Hasselblad Camera Company, Broncolor Lighting and Adobe as well as appearances on the BBC. His training is also used by universities and education providers around the world.
Karl regularly travels around the globe as an Ambassador and educator for leading players in the industry and his range of courses have become the benchmark for effective, entertaining and inspirational training.
About our courses
Quite simply, Karl Taylor Education offers the most comprehensive and effective platform for photography education. In addition to new courses each month, Karl Taylor Education regularly features live guest interview talk shows, practical demonstrations and member question and answer sessions.
Driven by Karl’s years of experience and attention to detail, the company prides itself on providing the highest quality education, while never losing sight of personal service and affordability. All this is neatly presented in one simple and cost-effective price plan guaranteed to help you with all aspects of photography.
“I’ve never seen anything that comes even close to this video. I was enthralled all the way through, everything, even stuff I thought I knew was explained brilliantly. The hour flew by, in fact it’s the first hour long video I’ve watched all the way through without a break. Thank you Karl, you are giving us value for our $14 many times over.”
Mark Harris – KTE Member