As a commercial photographer Karl specialises in product photography and in this live product photography workshop, where he shoots a bottle of red wine, he shares a host of useful techniques that can be applied to the genre as a whole.
In this show he demonstrates two very different lighting setups to achieve a variety of different shots, explaining the modifiers, background choices, lighting considerations and post-production requirements for each.
You can follow step by step as he reveals the gradual process of achieving the perfect product photograph of a bottle of red wine.
In this live photography workshop we cover the following:
- Product photography: How to photograph wine bottles
- Product photography tips
- Lighting modifiers for product photography
- Rim lighting techniques
- How to control reflections in bottles
- Working with composite images
- Correcting image distortion
- Photographing using coloured gels
If you’d like more on product photography, make sure to visit our Product section.
If you have any questions regarding this workshop post them in the comments section below.