There is a multitude of studio lighting options available, but essentially they all do the same thing — give artificial daylight balanced illumination. There are, however, a number of differences in the way each works, which Karl explores in detail in this chapter.
In this photography class he explains the fundamental workings of studio lighting, the advantages and disadvantages of different systems as well as the type of work they are best suited for.
In this photography class we cover the following:
- Different types of studio light
- The fundamentals of working with lights:
- – Power sources
- – Power settings
- – Triggering lights
- Adjustments and attachments
- Pack systems vs monoblock systems vs lithium systems
- Systems best suited for studio and location work
NOTE: This photography class is available with English subtitles.