If you’re wanting to copy certain elements of an image or just work on one particular area of a picture, Photoshop Selection tools are key. But what are the different selection options and which one is best for what?
In this Photoshop class Karl focuses on how to make cutouts and selections using the different Photoshop selection tools.
Karl takes a closer look at the Marquee selection tools, Lasso selection tools, Quick Selection Tool and Magic Wand tools as well as selecting based on Color Range or Focus Area. You’ll learn when to use which and even how to combine different tools. Karl also explains how to modify selections, save or load selections and create masks from selections.
This Photoshop class covers the following:
- What are cutouts
- Marquee selection tools: Rectangular, Elliptical, Single Row, Single Column
- Lasso selection tools: Lasso, Polygonal Lasso, Magnetic Lasso
- Magic Wand selection tool
- Quick selection tool
- Selecting based on Color Range / Focus Area
- Modifying selections
- Expanding / shrinking selections
- Saving & loading selections
- Creating masks from selections
- Using selections to copy / change areas of an image
If you have any questions about this class, please post in the comment section below.
Using different selection tools.
How to modify selections.
How to save / load selections.
How to use selections to copy / change areas of an image.