In this Photoshop class, where Karl is joined by professional retoucher Viktor Fejes, we look at the initial RAW processing of an image file before commencing further work in Photoshop.
Here, Viktor explains the techniques required for skin retouching and the reasoning behind his retouching process. The pair also explore concepts such as color profiles, visual aid layers and how to optimize your workflow.
Using his visual aid layers (which you can download here), Viktor uses tools such as the Clone Stamp, Healing Brush tool and Burn and Dodge as he clearly demonstrates the initial phases of how to retouch a beauty image. In just a few steps the difference is clearly visible and you’ll be amazed at how effective and versatile just these simple techniques can be.
In this Photoshop class we cover the following:
- How to retouch a beauty image
- How to retouch skin
- Using Visual Aid Layers to retouch skin
- Color profiles: Adobe RGB, sRGB, ProPhoto
- How to fix skin blemishes using the Clone Stamp tool
- How to use Burn and Dodge to retouch skin
- How to optimize your retouching workflow
If you have any questions about this class, please post in the comment section below 🙂