Converting an image to black and white may sound simple, especially when you see the myriad of ways to convert to black and white, but those quick and easy ways may not necessarily be the best way. So what is the best way to convert an image to black and white?
In this Photoshop class Viktor explains that there’s more to converting an image to black and white than just desaturating or converting it to greyscale. Working on the wedding image from the previous two classes, he explains different ways to convert to black and white before demonstrating his method of choice — using the Black and White adjustment layer.
He shows you how, by controlling individual colors, you’re able to achieve exact control over how they’re represented as tones in black and white.
In this Photoshop class we cover the following:
- How to convert photos to black and white
- RGB channels
- How to use Channel Mixer adjustment layer for black and white conversion
- How to use Black and white adjustment layer for black and white conversion
- How to control shadows and highlights in a black and white image
- Adjustment layers for editing black and white images
If you have any questions about this class, please post in the comment section below 🙂