In this footwear photography workshop Karl demonstrates how to light and photograph footwear, in this case a football boot.
Starting with a single light, Karl shows you how to create a rim light before gradually building to his final setup.
A high-end product shoot such as this requires precision and attention to detail. Karl explains key elements to highlight and demonstrates how to subtly but effectively use your studio lighting to draw attention to the most important areas. He then takes it a step further and demonstrates how you can introduce a different light source for a greater creative effect using long exposure.
He ends the show by demonstrating how to retouch a product image like this. Making use of a ‘ready made’ mask, he shows you how to quickly and effectively polish the image to product advertising standard.
In this footwear photography workshop replay we cover the following:
- How to photograph footwear
- Product, shoe photography tips
- How to create a rim light
- How to retouch product images in Photoshop
- How to quickly create mask selections in Photoshop
- How to change background color
- How to create a graduated background
If you have any questions about the show, please use the comments box below ?