Chanel No. 5 is one of the most well-known perfumes in the world, an icon in its own right. For this product photography class, Karl aims to create a series of images that are as elegant and beautiful as the perfume itself.
For this, the first of the series, he opts for a more simple shot. With meticulous attention to detail and precise control, he demonstrates how to perfectly light this bottle to accentuate the key features. He also reveals a number of essential techniques that can be used to elevate the shot.
This photography class is a must-watch for anyone interested in product photography as it provides a solid base of knowledge — recapping the basic principles before building to more advanced techniques that can be applied to a range of different products.
In this product photography class we cover the following:
- Product photography: How to photograph a perfume bottle
- Product photography tips
- How to photograph with multiple studio lights
- Lighting setups for product photography
- Using reflectors and flags
- Minimising reflections in glass objects
- Creating a composite image
To see the post production for this image, click here.