How do you measure the power of the light from your studio lighting to ensure perfect results? Do you apply visual, theoretical, histogram or light meter readings to achieve the best results?
Karl discusses the best ways to measure light and achieve the desired exposure as well as the limitations of the above methods and why it’s important to truly understand light if you want complete creative control.
In this photography class we cover the following:
- Different methods for measuring light
- Light meters — what use are they in digital photography
- Assessing exposure visually
- Combining aperture and shutter speed to achieve desired exposure
- Reading histograms
- Correctly exposing for different textures