In this two-part live critique show (watch part 2 here) Karl reviews portrait images submitted by members, offering his advice and feedback on each.
This first part of the show (where Karl looks at images submitted by members with first names A-J), covers easy ways to quickly improve your portrait photography, including finer details such as separation between the subject and background, positioning of hands and more.
Karl also covers techniques such as lighting and composition, offering advice on how these can be used to create strong images.
Topics covered in this show include:
- Portrait photography tips
- What makes effective portrait imagery
- Lighting tips for portrait photography
- Posing models and positioning hands
- Separation between the subject and background
- Post-production techniques for portrait photography
To learn more about portrait photography, visit our Portrait page, where you’ll find over 40 different lighting setups for portrait photography, ranging from simple one light setups to four light setups.
If you have any questions about this show, please use the comments section below.