In this live show, Karl takes inspiration from the historical Old Masters to create his own ‘Natural Decay’ still life photo.
This show covers the start-to-finish shoot as Karl explains his concept for the image, his props, composition, camera settings, styling, lighting and colouration.
You’ll learn how to create the ‘warm’ look associated with this style of imagery using basic colour adjustment methods before seeing the simple lighting setup used to capture the final image.
Using just a couple of lights (this setup is achievable using just two lights, though three is better), Karl explains how to control the light using flags and reflectors and how, by working methodically and taking care of the little details, you can capture a near-perfect image in-camera.
Topics covered in this show include:
- How to set up a still life photo
- Camera settings for still life photography
- Composition and styling for still life photography
- Props for still life photography
- How to control light and shadows using flags
- Using reflectors to create additional light
To learn more about focus stacking, the following classes may be of interest:
If you have any questions about this show please post in the comment section below.