Before starting any retouching on an image, it’s important to understand why we retouch. In this show Karl starts with the ‘where and why’ of retouching in relation to ‘where to lead the eye’ and ‘why to lead it there’.
In this live show he focuses on the post production techniques for beauty retouching, showing the step-by-step process of retouching a beauty photograph in Photoshop.
He goes into detail about his retouching workflow and offers great advice on how to optimize what is usually a very time consuming process. With demonstrations on how to retouch hair, eyes and skin, this show explores all the key components necessary to take a RAW image to it’s final stages.
In this live photography workshop we cover the following:
- How to create aesthetically pleasing images in Photoshop
- Useful Photoshop tools for beauty retouching
- How to retain texture when editing an image
- How to use Burn & Dodge for retouching
- Working with visual aid layers: What are they and how to use them
- Optimizing your workflow
- Hue, saturation & luminance: How they influence an image
- The best lighting types for minimal retouching
For more information on retouching images, make sure to visit our Post Production page.
To download the actions from the show, visit our Downloads page.
If you have any question about this photography workshop, post them in the comments box below.