This Photoshop class covers the concepts of Light Shaping and how this technique can be applied to enhance any image.
Working on a simple example, Karl demonstrates how to modify the lighting in a photograph by using specialised burning and dodging techniques. For those unfamiliar with these tools, this class provides the perfect introduction to this useful technique and how it can be used to achieve lighter and darker tones and create three dimensionality in an image.
In this Photoshop class you’ll learn:
- How to use Photoshop CS4/CS5
- Light shaping: What it is and how to use it for retouching
- How to apply burning and dodging in Photoshop
- Photoshop brush tools
- Useful Photoshop tools for photographers
- How to create shadows and highlights in Photoshop
If you’re working with the latest version of Adobe Photoshop, you can learn more in our Photoshop for Photographers course. We also cover more advanced techniques in our Advanced Photoshop for Photographers course, presented with professional retoucher Viktor Fejes.
If you have any questions about this course please post in the comment box below.