In this photography class Karl walks you through the process of how to focus stack an image in Photoshop.
Working on the ring image shot in the previous class, Karl starts at the very beginning, explaining how to make RAW adjustments before progressing to aligning multiple images and merging these multiple layers.
He also shares some useful tips to help speed up the process and how you can manually adjust layer masks created by Photoshop to get the best focus.
In this photography class you’ll learn the following:
- How to focus stack an image
- How to achieve sufficient depth of field when photographing small objects
- How to edit jewellery product images
- Making RAW adjustment to an image
- Photoshop auto align feature
- Working with layer masks in Photoshop
You can watch a more detailed class on how to focus stack and retouch a product image in our Zenith Watch product shoot. If you’d like to learn more about how to retouch a product image, please visit our Post Production section.
If you have any questions about this class, please leave them in the comments box below.
NOTE: This photography class is available with English subtitles.