In this video, Karl works with broncolor’s Urs Recher to demonstrate a simple rim lighting technique for cosmetic product photography.
Together, the pair demonstrate how to use a single backlight to create beautiful rim lighting around a black product on a black background. Using two of the simplest, and most affordable modifiers — softboxes — Karl and Urs clearly show the importance of each individual light, as well as reveal the key to achieving gradient lighting.
Topics covered in this class:
- Black on black product photography
- How to rim light products
- Creating gradient lighting for product photography
- Techniques for reducing flare
- Using softboxes for product photography
- How to photograph small products
Further product photography classes you may enjoy include:
If you have any questions about this class please post in the comment section below.