In this photography workshop Karl undertakes a product shoot of a pair of headphones on a white background.
This technically challenging advertising-style shot presented a myriad of challenges, including positioning the product to find the best composition, creating a white background without introducing flare, lighting both matte and reflective surfaces, controlling shadows and balancing multiple lights.
Karl details the step-by-step process of creating this shot, explaining his creative decisions, how he plans to overcome each challenge and the lighting setup. He also shares the post production work required to reach the final image so that members can see the complete start to finish process.
In this product photography workshop we cover the following:
- How to photograph a pair of headphones
- Photographing products on a white background
- How to light and photograph matte and reflective surfaces
- How to create gradient lighting
- Using ND and polarising gels for product photography
- Controlling shadows
If you have any questions about this show, please use the comment section below.