For this live photography workshop Karl is joined by top Russian food photographer Anna Pustynnikova for an in-depth lesson in food photography and styling.
Anna shares her top secrets for food styling as well as demonstrates how, using just basic equipment, you can achieve amazing food photographs. Building on this, Karl then demonstrates a number of alternative lighting setups as they work, live, towards achieving a mouthwatering image of beef pastrami.
This live photography workshop forms part of our series food photography classes, which you can watch here.
- Food photography: How to photograph food using multiple lights
- Useful equipment for food photography & styling
- Selecting props & backgrounds
- Lighting modifiers for food photography
- Useful tips for food photography
- Photographing food according to a brief
- Simple post production techniques for food photography
We caught up with Anna ahead of her appearance on the show to ask her a few questions about how she got started, some of her favorite pieces of kit and her take on the current trends in food photography. Read the Q&A with Anna Pustynnikova in our blog.