In this chapter Karl walks you through some more core controls of your DSLR camera as he explains all there is to know about apertures and depth of field.
Using a series of diagram illustrations and practical demonstrations, Karl explains what depth of field is and how, along with aperture and focus points, you can use it for creative effect.
Knowing this fundamental knowledge and the relationship between the different elements of your camera will allow you to be more creative with your photography.
In this photography class we cover the following:
- Photographing in manual mode
- Aperture and Depth of field
- How to control depth of field: Increasing/decreasing depth of field
- Selecting your focus point on your camera
- How to achieve the right exposure using shutter speed and aperture
- How to make the subject stand out from the background
To learn more about some of the concepts discussed in this class, take a look at our Photography Quick Start Guide.
If you have any questions about this class, please post them in the comments section below.
NOTE: This course is available with subtitles.