Karl and food photographer Anya Pustynnikova work together to slowly bring to life this stunning country farmhouse styled image of roast beef. Together they demonstrate essential preparation, styling and lighting techniques as well as reveal useful tricks anyone can use to enhance their food photography.
For this shot Karl and Anya wanted to simulate late afternoon sun in a homely setting. While Anya carefully prepares and styles the ingredients and props for this beautiful image, Karl uses careful control of light, along with a number creative solutions, to bring their vision to life.
In this photography class we cover the following:
- Product Photography — Food Photography
- Simulating sunlight — the best modifiers to use
- A summary of the inverse square law
- How to achieve a dappled lighting effect
- How to control shadows
- Useful tips for photographing red wine
If you enjoyed this food photography class, you won’t want to miss Anya’s live show — watch it now.