A jar of feta cheese is the focus of Karl and Anya’s next shot as, together, they demonstrate essential preparation, styling and lighting techniques for eye-catching food photography.
For this next food photography class, Anya decides she wants to create a rustic looking arrangement of marinated feta cheese with herbs and spices. She demonstrates and explains key styling techniques, revealing one of her go-to props, while Karl, using just one light, works on achieving the bright, fresh lighting that brings this shot to life.
In this photography class we cover the following:
- Using directional lighting to highlight texture
- Sourcing affordable props
- How to balance color for best effect
- Considering the effect different shapes have on an image
- Using reflectors and flags
- How light positioning can change contrast
- Softbox vs Para 133 – the effects of each