Working with food photographer Anya Pustynnikova for this series of food photography classes, Karl and Anya set about creating a sleek and stylish shot of duck leg confit for the next food photography class. Together, the pair demonstrate essential preparation, styling and lighting techniques for eye-catching food photos.
In this chapter Anya details her step-by-step styling, building up to the final mouth-watering shot while Karl gradually builds up the lighting and shows simple techniques to highlight key elements of this delicate dish.
In this photography class we cover the following:
- Product Photography: Food Photography
- Photographing food in plan view
- Food styling for different camera angles
- Photographing food using multiple studio lights
- Selecting depth of field for food photography
- Achieving focussed light with alternative lighting techniques
- Full frame vs medium format — results comparison
If you enjoyed this food photography course, watch Anya’s live show here.